Thin Film Electronics ASA (Ticker: THIN.OL) delivers electronics for ultra-high-volume, cost-sensitive applications. We use roll-to-roll printing to manufacture electronics, introducing intelligence where it has never before been possible—at a cost-per-function unmatched by any other electronic technology.
Our Backend Manufacturing team is growing and we are looking for an Equipment Engineering Technician to join our team. You will be a key member of our Backend Manufacturing organization in a growing and dynamic global team.
• Operate and maintain semiconductor assembly process equipment including flipchip die attach, wirebond, and dicing tools.
• Operate and maintain label conversion tools (experience with Melzer or Muhlbauer is a plus)
• Regularly survey and assess process equipment to ensure maximum uptime for operations.
• Coordinate service schedules with manufacturing to avoid production delays.
• Troubleshoot and repair production equipment as required.
• Safely handle incoming and outgoing hazardous materials by adhering to all safety protocols
• Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment.
• Provide support to other departments as required.
• Communicate equipment status and issues to team for planning and assistance.
• Work in a clean room environment and follow all protocols to maintain quality.
• Work with chemicals and other hazardous materials and strictly adhere to all applicable safety protocols.
• Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations and conducting business fairly and ethically.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• AS, Trade School, or Military preferred, but not required
• Minimum 3 years of experience, including semiconductor assembly equipment and process (wirebonding, flipchip attach, dicing). Experience in lamination and label conversion is a plus.
• Must be able to operate and troubleshoot semiconductor assembly process equipment.
• Must be able to independently manage complex equipment down situations, including fault isolation, corrective actions, and coordinate with process engineering to return the tool to operational status
• Must be able to work overtime, and respond to out of shift requests to work
• Must have strong work ethic, disciplined structured work practices
• Must be willing and able to adhere to formal work procedures
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products