This position will lead the creation of TFE’s flagship PDPS (Printed Dopant Polysilicon) Roll to Roll Scale up line design and qualification. This will involve leading a team that selects, designs and qualifies a set of R2R tools that enable high volume pilot production line of hybrid print and conventional processes for electronics manufacturing on thin stainless steel foil. It requires close collaboration with materials and equipment suppliers, process owners, integration engineers, and manufacturing. This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual, to drive groundbreaking manufacturing technology scaling to bring completely new classes of electronics to production, enabling a true IoT.
– Hire, lead and retain team of high performing process and equipment engineers.
– Establish tool specifications, ordering delivery and qual schedules with vendors.
– Generate and validate a revision controlled manufacturing cost model as information and knowledge evolves.
– Work with Process Technology Development to de-risk and validate integration and equipment design concepts and approaches.
– Communicate strategy, status and issues on a regular basis to all levels of management and team.
– Strong sense of initiative combined with enthusiasm for tackling complex projects and seeing them through to completion.
– Minimum BS degree in mechanical or electrical engineering. Ph.D. preferred.
– Minimum 15 years’ experience in senior team leadership of comprehensive manufacturing process development with R2R manufacturing
– Proven project planning, management and execution skills to achieve team goals on time.
– Good background with SPC implementation and yield improvement on demanding electronic products.
– Strong technical, statistical analysis and clear communication skills.
– Meticulous attention to detail with a problem prevention mindset.
– Ability to lead cross functional teams to solve cross disciplinary problems.