This position is to work in conjunction with business team as the go-to technical resource for the business development organization. The ideal candidate will create concepts and develop solutions thereby enabling a smooth sales process. The Field Application Engineer must be able to demonstrate strong technical expertise during customer and internal discussions.
- The Field Application Engineer is responsible for understanding customer requirements related to label conversion, packaging, analyze, identify and recommend solutions/partners that could be used with Thinfilm products.
- Should be able to lead technical discussion with packaging / label partners and have some knowledge about roll-to-roll printing and converting technologies.
- Think through from prototype implementation to commercialization, recommend the approaches, identify the risk(s) involved and possible resolutions with each approach for a successful sales effort
- Have a good technical understanding of different types of packaging from manufacturing, pros and cons of each, usability
- Have basic understanding of labels for different products, label architectures, adhesives for different materials, application, product integration etc.
- Hands on experience with CAD tools to provide various technical drawings that could be used with customers as well as for internal discussions
- Work individually and with customer packaging design teams to determine and develop overall concepts and packaging specifications to meet customer and/or market needs
- Create rapid prototypes/demonstrators/mock ups of new concepts and ideas that involves packaging, label, electrical, mechanical, website/app aspects.
- The Field Application Engineer learns and shares knowledge and best practices
- Prior hands-on experience with electronics products/solutions would be extremely helpful
- Advise team or customers on efficient packing procedures, innovations in packaging materials, and utilization of sealing and fastening devices