Thinfilm Electronics ASA (Ticker: THIN.OL) is the world’s leader in printed electronics, recognized as a global innovator with recent awards from FlexTech, CTIA, and PharmaManufacturing.com. Thinfilm makes smart labels that power the Internet of Things (IoT), enabling mobile-to-physical interaction with world’s leading top brands, including Diageo’s ultra-premium Johnnie Walker Blue Label Scotch. Thinfilm has been featured as an IoT pioneer in the world’s leading media outlets, such as Forbes, the WSJ, The Economist, and CNBC.
Thinfilm has a revolutionary new NFC technology product, NFC OpenSense™, that detects a product’s “sealed” and “opened” states with the simple tap of a smartphone.
Thinfilm is the only publicly traded, pure-play company in printed electronics and is in growth mode. Ample opportunities exist to for the right candidate to grow his or her skill set and take on new responsibilities.
Thinfilm’s roadmap of system products integrates technology from a strong and growing ecosystem of partners to enable the Internet of Things, bringing intelligence to disposable goods. Company headquarters are in Oslo, Norway, with product development in Linköping, Sweden, manufacturing in Pyeongtaek, South Korea, Linköping, Sweden, and San Jose, California, and sales offices in Tokyo, Japan.
We are looking for
Thinfilm is seeking a Sales Development Representative to target and prospect into well defined, vertical territories in Europe.
The candidate should be talented & highly motivated individual. He/She will hunt down the right contacts in the right organizations, open the door to a conversation – functioning as a “hype” person and gate keeper at the same time! The candidate should be Professional, Collaborative, Aggressive and Results Oriented. He/She also need to be fearless and willing to hop on the phone, learn, fail fast, and grow. As we are moving FAST flexibility is a must.
Location will be London.
- Identify and prospect into high-value accounts within targeted verticals.
- Perform outbound sales activities such as cold calling, lead follow-up, and opportunity qualifications.
- Meet or exceed activity metrics for outbound calls, appointments set, and opportunities added to pipeline
- Become a “certified” expert in Thinfilm solutions and corresponding customer scenarios.
- Research target companies to understand need, enable effective follow up, and generate interest – preparing executive summaries to prepare your Sales team ahead of meetings and calls.
- Responsible for managing inbound leads.
- Extensive use and documentation in Salesforce.
- High Energy Team player with a strong desire to overachieve and develop their career
- Previous exposure to working in a high growth start-up environment.
- 1-3 years telephone sales or equivalent experience
- Strong value-based selling skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Technology and Social Savvy
Nice to have
- BA/BS Degree
- Experience in a startup environment is a huge plus.
- Experience selling to brands developed specifically for millennials.
- Experience selling digital experiences.
- Experience selling in any of the following vertical Industries: CPG, beauty, wine/spirits, beverage, food, personal care, or to digital interactive innovation teams inside advertising agencies.
- Written and verbal communication skills in French, Spanish, Italian
Please apply at your earliest convenience. We do not have an application deadline but accept applications as long as the job is posted. The position will be closed down once we have found the right candidate.