Summary of Role:
Responsible for identifying and researching failures to improve product yield, quality and/or reliability. Evaluates the electrical and mechanical characteristics of printed integrated circuits, components, and systems to determine the root cause of failure. Analyzes failures and recommends corrective action to prevent reoccurrence of problems. The Failure Analysis Engineer monitors data from warranty, customer feedback, and other appropriate sources to provide input to prioritization of corrective action/improvement teams.
- Responsible for leading root cause analysis for product nonconformance including but not limited to product warranty, field returns, customer complaints, out of box failures and manufacturing process failures.
- Communicate failure analysis to Manufacturing/Test/Product Engineering to result in improved product design and improved product testing to enhance the field reliability of the product. Communications to customers may also be required.
- Record and track failure modes for use in identifying trends.
- Lead CAPA forums and drive problem solving business process to meet corporate goals.
- Develop and document best practice failure analysis methods and techniques for TFE products. Create accurate and informative FA Test Plans, Test Cases, and Test Strategies that clearly describe test environment, setup, risks, assumptions, strategy to replicate and undercover failure modes.
- Document and communicate root cause findings, containment and corrective actions using structured problem solving methodologies.
- Education/Experience – BS or MS Degree in Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in Semiconductor Industry or equivalent
- Experience in Electrical FA is required
- Experience with 8D or certified in Six Sigma
- Experience in TEM, FIB, FIB/SEM, SEM is plus
- Knowledge in destructive and non-destructive techniques (i.e., acoustic microscopy, X-ray, etc.) is a plus
- Knowledge of RFID and packaging industries is a plus
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com