Thin Film Electronics (thinfilm.no) is looking for an execution-focused Assembly Technologist to lead the successful development of Thin Film’s revolutionary printed integrated circuit products. In this position, you will be responsible for enabling Thin Film’s products from development to qualification to very high volume manufacturing with the highest level of quality, flawless manufacturing execution and sustainable manufacturing metrics. In this capacity, you will be interfacing with different cross functional teams from various organizations of the company such as operations, R&D, product management, supply chain, chip design, and quality assurance. You will also be interfacing directly with Thin Film’s manufacturing partners to develop process, material, and manufacturing innovations that can enable and differentiate Thin Film’s products. This will involve understanding product roadmap requirements, assembly manufacturing, IC design, and process engineering. Thin Film is looking for candidates who have demonstrated their ability to succeed in ramping multiple advanced technology products and who have a strong understanding of what it takes to turn technical innovations into real products. Our group (and the challenges we face) are growing and we need people who can be leaders for their responsibilities and can demonstrate rigorous execution and ownership.
• Developing technologies and manufacturing processes to enable and differentiate Thin Film’s products.
• Managing the ramps from qualification to very high volume manufacturing
• Development of advanced bumping, dicing, and attach technologies and working with Thin Film’s process teams to ensure process compatibility between the front-end printed integrated circuit and back-end processes
• Implement state-of-the-art roll-to-roll back-end manufacturing processes
• Ensure products are launched in alignment with objectives on quality, cost, capacity, and cycle time
• Resolve technical issues related to manufacturing processes affecting yield, quality, and capacity
• Provide clear and regular management updates on project status
• Thorough knowledge of semiconductor assembly manufacturing including process optimization, FMEA, and SPC
• Expertise in flipchip die bonding, bumping (solder, stud bump, plated Au, plated Ni/Au), laser and mechanical dicing, conductive adhesives, and other electronics materials.
• Experience with RFID products and roll-to-roll processing including label conversion is a plus
• Knowledge of the overall product lifecycle process (NPI, qualification, ramp, production)
• Proven strong collaborative with both internal and external partners
• Strong engineering fundamentals and excellent problem solving skills
• Strong program management, communication, and presentation skills
• Demonstrated track record of successful ramp to production of complex products
• Understanding of various manufacturing execution system and planning systems is preferred
• Bachelor of Science in engineering or other related fields. MBA or MS is an advantage
• At least 10 years of industry experience. With at least 2 yrs hands on experience in assembly process, packaging and/or operations
Contact Matt Kaufmann (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.