You will work in conjunction with the business development team as the go-to technical resource for developing new markets for our products. The ideal candidate will create concepts and develop solutions, supporting the business development process. The Field Application Engineer (FAE) will demonstrate strong technical expertise during prospect-facing and internal discussions.
As an FAE at Thinfilm you will:
- Understand customer requirements related to label conversion & packaging. Analyze, identify and recommend solutions/partners that could be used with Thinfilm products.
- Lead technical discussions with packaging & label partners and have some knowledge about roll-to-roll package printing and label converting technologies.
- Proactively think through the process from prototype to commercialization, recommending the best approaches, identifying the risk(s) involved and preparing mitigation suggestions for each major risk.
- Have a good technical understanding of different types of packaging including the pros and cons of each as they are relevant to the business problem at hand.
- Have basic understanding of labels for different products, label architectures, adhesives for different materials, their application, product integration, etc.
- Work individually and with customer and prospect packaging design teams to determine and develop overall concepts and packaging specifications to meet customer and/or market needs.
- Create rapid prototypes/demonstrators/mock ups of new concepts and ideas that involves packaging, label, electrical, mechanical, website/app aspects.
- Continuously learn and share knowledge and best practices
- Advise colleagues or customers on efficient packing procedures, innovations in packaging materials, and the utilization of sealing and fastening devices
- BS in Industrial or Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering
- 2-3 years of experience in product design, implementation and complete product flow till commercialization
- Package Manufacturing or Label Conversion experience
- Strong communication and Interpersonal skills
- Available for travel up to 40%
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Customer Service or Sales Support Experience
- Prior hands-on experience with electronics products/solutions would be extremely helpful
- Hands on experience with CAD tools to provide various technical drawings that could be used with customers as well as for internal discussions
Before applying, please make sure you can answer yes to these two questions:
- “I have had experience with label conversion or packaging manufacturing operations”
- “I have had experience in a sales support or other customer-facing role”
To apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org