Thin Film Electronics ASA (Ticker: THIN.OL) delivers electronics for ultra-high-volume, cost-sensitive applications. We use roll-to-roll printing to manufacture electronics, introducing intelligence where it has never before been possible—at a cost-per-function unmatched by any other electronic technology.
Our Roll to Roll Engineering team at Thinfilm is expanding. We are seeking a talented Senior/Staff Factory Automation Engineer to join our Roll to Roll team. The ideal candidate will bring Factory Automation Experience to Thinfilm, preferably from Semiconductor/Solar/Other High Technology. This position will be located in San Jose, CA.
• Setting strategy and owning execution of factory instrumentation and automation for a roll to roll semiconductor electronics manufacturing operation.
• The candidate is expected to work hands on in a manufacturing environment, setting up, verifying and refining the execution of factory automation and its interface into the Manufacturing Execution (MES) system.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• B.S or higher degree in an engineering discipline.
• Demonstrable experience in selecting automation vendors and components as well as initial deployment of systems.
• Deep experience with factory automation, software implementation, instrumentation and data acquisition-analysis in a high volume operation.
• Minimum of 5-10 years of industry experience working in printed electronics, semiconductors/solar or similar technology industries.
• Initiative and strong attention to detail
• Ability to work with vendors, process and equipment engineers in a cross functional manner.
• Write specifications and clearly document operation with version control
• Ability to solve problems to root cause and implement permanent solutions.
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org