Thinfilm is a leader in the development and commercialization of printed electronics and smart systems. The first to commercialize printed, rewritable memory, the Company is creating printed systems that include memory, sensing, display, and wireless communication (NFC), all at a low cost unmatched by traditional electronic technologies.
Thinfilm’s roadmap integrates technology from a strong and growing ecosystem of partners to enable the Internet of Everything. Mission is to bring intelligence to the world’s leading product brands in order to make their products smart and integrated with the Internet.
We are seeking a Field Application Engineer in Korea that has in-depth knowledge about Thinfilm’s technologies, products and be creative in paving the path to pragmatic solutions leading to a successful sale and implementation of Thinfilm’s NFC digital marketing solutions in Korea. The ideal candidate is a customer-focused technical sales professional who provides technical information and design/implementation guidance to our customers to ultimately enable client success.
- Work with prospective customers to understand their use cases as well as needs and develop the internal and external requirement specifications and prototypes
- Create and refine existing product into illustrative prototypes/demonstrators/mock ups/proof of new concepts and ideas that involves website/app, packaging, label, electrical, mechanical aspects.
- Liaison with customers, Product Managers,R&D and technical teams to ensure matrix communication and collaborate during development, launch and sustaining of existing and new products and act as the first technical interface for the customers
- Support sales by providing functional and technical responses, clarifications, planning, and documentation to customers for Thinfilm’s technologies, components and systems
- Keep updated with deep technical and business knowledge of industry directions, technologies and trends
- Regular travel/support to industry conferences and travels to Thinfilm NFC Innovation Centre, San Jose, California.
- Highly skilled team player, comfortable to pitch the technology strategy at executive and expert level
- Sales driven, pro-active, pragmatic, persistent, self-motivated
- Credible, trusted advisor – technology focused, technical expert
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ yrs experience in two or more of the following: modern Internet application architecture, web development, Linux-based server development and client-side mobile app development
- Prior experience interacting with prospective and existing customers and deriving the requirement specifications from ideas and qualitative descriptions
- Hands-on experience in all the stages of product life cycle from concept to customer deployment and beyond
- Available for travel up to 40%
- Fluent in English and native in Korean
Before applying, please make sure you can answer yes to these two questions:
- “I have had experience with web/app development”
- “I have had experience in a consultative technical sales role”
To apply, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org