Thin Film Electronics ASA (“Thinfilm”) is a global leader in NFC mobile marketing and smart-packaging solutions using printed electronics technology. Thinfilm offers end-to-end mobile marketing solutions that feature hardware, label/packaging integration services and comprehensive cloud-based analytics platform called CNECT. Collectively, these components deliver a powerful 1-to-1 digital marketing platform through which brands of all sizes can deliver real-time interactive experiences and derive meaningful interaction insights, all with the simple tap of a smartphone. The resulting disintermediation of search engines, online marketplaces and social platforms empowers brands to control messaging, enhance consumer dialogue, build loyalty, increase engagement and drive sales.
At Thinfilm, we are scaling our manufacturing capacity to produce billions of NFC tags per year. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Python responsible for designing, building and managing digital software applications & tools to manage manufacturing workflows. Your primary focus will be to build a next generation TAG iD system components to manage the digital elements of producing billions of tags per year from creation to disposal. You’ll be an early member of small, geographically and culturally diverse team that is pioneering the Internet of Everything.
• Must possess strong desire and willingness to learn new technology\tools\programming\scripting language without reservation and deliver products with exceptional quality.
• Must have the flexibility to move around different projects.
• Must have the ability and necessary soft skills to collaborate with multiple teams in different geographical locations.
• 7+ Years of experience Python.
• 7+ Experience in Desktop\GUI application development.
• Exposure to PyQt is a plus https://wiki.python.org/moin/PyQt
• Occasional business trip to partner sites in US, Europe and Canada. (once in 4 months)
• Very comfortable working in Linux environment including scripting (Bash).
• Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate closely with Offshore team.
• Very strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to communicate proficient in English, both written and spoken.
• BS or MS in Computer Science.
Good to have
• Working knowledge of API\RESTful Services.
• Familiarity to data encryption and data security.
• Work experience in Embedded\Industrial\Manufacturing software.
• Understanding on Agile principles and Scrum methodologies.
To apply, please click here.